Saturday, May 30, 2009

three years...

I'm planning music through the summer right now, and I'm coming across the readings for August, how the whole month is the "Bread of Life" discourse that we Catholics love so much. We even get three weeks in a row of "Taste and See..."!
And with the three year cycle of readings that we have, I'm reminded that it was exactly three years ago August 3 that I started working at St. P.
How back then, Fr. and I were like accomplices discussing the music together and trying to sneak in the right amount of traditional and reverent music, but still needing to appease some people by incorporating a few (non-heretical) "contemporary" pieces so there wouldn't be too much of a hub-bub about the new music director and all of the "changes..."
And I remember how excited we (well, Father, really,) were about the Eucharistic readings and planning music for August...
wow, three years ago already...

3 comments:

Mr S said...

Of all the great improvements made, I think my favorite is the Introit'

Thanks for all you do.


.

Unknown said...

I agree, and I think you should add the introit to the 8 o'clock mass also. We'll sing it - I promise!

Anonymous said...

Ah, the heady days of '06. I remember them well. How time does fly!