Monday, July 23, 2007

moan-my poor little organ..

ah, it's one of those 3-rank factory-produced Mollers, made in the 60's. I mean. I'd rather have it over any electronic organ any day, but really. When the church is full...it can be pretty hard to "lead the congregation." What I would give for just one, nice, loud reed.

Case in point...
this weekend, at the later Mass (always full,) I don't rehearse the choir in the summer, but they're welcome to sing the hymns, and this weekend more of them than usual showed up. Fine with me, but the first hymns was "There's a Wideness in God's Mercy," and halfway through the first verse I realized the congregation was belting it out, and the choir was following THEM cuz they were louder than the organ! (and yep, I had all three ranks and some octaves pulled. sigh.) So I gave them a look started doing some left hand conducting, and we managed to accelerate the song to its appropriate pace.

sigh.

No comments: