Tuesday, June 08, 2010

spread the good news

I talked on the phone with someone this afternoon who actually has a very similar background to me, and will be moving out west to be the music director at a parish. He was at St. P this weekend, and wanted to ask about different things like where to do I get the English version of the Introit. It was great to talk to him. Very encouraging to talk to a person who could *tell* that the prelude this past week was Bach! And even more encouraging to hear how these things like the English Introit (and the "hymnal supplement" that I put together) will be spreading through the country! (I also know that there are far less hymnal supplements in the pews than when I put them there, so I can't help wondering how many other music directors have stopped in and "borrowed" one without letting me know... :-) )

No comments: