Thursday, May 03, 2007

Favorite Hymns Meme

(kind of tagged by http://christusvincit.blogspot.com/)

Favorite five Latin hymns:
(what qualifies as a hymn? Like hymn format as in with verses? Or can a one line chant count? I guess it doesn't matter, so I will clarify "hymns" as "songs")
1. Ave Maria -chant, Mode I
2. Pange Lingua
3. Adoro Te Devote
4. Puer Natus
5. Vidi Aquam

Favorite five English hymns:
1. O Sacred Head (Passion Chorale)
2. Beautiful Saviour (St. Elizabeth or Schoenlzster Jesu or something like that?)
3. O Breathe on Me O Breath of God (St. Columba)
4. Jesus My Lord, My God, My All
5. When I Survey the Wondrous Cross

ok, I know I'm forgetting some, but oh well.

3 comments:

Bear said...

Would your Jesus, My Lord, My God, My All be the one from the Pius X Missal? I've been practicing it lately, it is a lovely arrangement.

Mara Joy said...

absoloutely! The voice leading and harmonies are just...exquisite!

Anonymous said...

Excusez, it's not actually a comment.
Have you perhaps got an organ accompaniment to the Litania Sanctorum in Latin (Gregorian melody)?
I would appreciate the scan.

Peace
Stan
plawgo at gmail.com
Sacred Heart, Szczecin, Poland (part-time)