Saturday, May 03, 2008

Ascension A

Prelude: All Glory Be (R. Haan)
Open: A Hymn of Glory (Lasst Uns)
Offertory: Hail the Day (Llanfair)
or Sing of Mary (Pleading Saviour)
choir ladies if they can pull it off in rehearsing before Mass: Ascendit Deus (Rossini) (if they do, then I am admittedly quite nervous about this one...)
Communion: (proper Communion chant)
Holy God, We Praise Thy Name
Choir: Jesus, My Lord, My God, My All (J.S. Bach. I have no idea what the German is.)
Close: Go to the World (vs. 1 & 2) (Sine Nomine)
Postlude: All Glory Be (R. Haan, same as prelude, just full reg. and only the IV movement)

1 comment:

Mara Joy said...

for the record, the Rossini bombed.
in a bad way.
It was mostly my fault.
For a variety of circumstances, we didn't really get to all rehearse it beforehand, but it might have been ok, (I only had one alto, 2 sopranos, and I sang the top line and played their parts on the organ,) except I totally screwed up MY first couple entrances, and then that threw me in accompaning/helping them, and of course that probably threw them a bit.
the second half was a bit better. I wonder if people could tell?