Saturday, March 10, 2007

in other church news...

also,
upon discovering yesterday morning that the church won't be available for choir rehearsal next week because of a speaker (which I had originally wrongly assumed would be speaking in the parish hall!) Given the amount of Thursdays before Holy Week, I began to panic and assessed the situation. There is a horribly out of tune piano in the basement of the hall that one of the choir members had mentioned the night before and asked if I could get it tuned...by Saturday so he could use it! I said I'd see what I could do...
So anyhow, realizing I might as well utlize the piano for the choir rehearsal next week, I wondered how to get a piano tuner on short notice, and also how to get one who would do it for free as it's technically not in my budget :-)

so...
I called a friend of mine from the music school who is taking a piano technology class, and I said, "hey, want some experience tuning a crappy piano?" So I drove him out the church, fed him some fish fry food, and we came back an hour and a half later, and I now have a usable piano for at least the next short while!

(my point is, how many other situations have you heard of where a piano gets tuned at a 6 hour notice for free?!!)

No comments: