Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I'm back.

(isn't that always the beginning of the last post of a blog before it officially dies?)
anyhow, I hate choosing the music for ordinary time. I mean, sometimes I feel like there's too many choices, and other times I feel like there are no songs. It's all fine and dandy to just choose normal "praise" hymns for most of Mass, but what about Communion? as I've ranted about before, my hymnal has NO communion songs. and with the choir officially not rehearsing during the summer...there won't be any refreshment with them. like, during Easter for example, we can do Easter songs during Communion. But really, now, I can only do "At that First Eucharist" so many times.

my boss told me he thinks it's fine to use "Tantum Ergo" and "O Salutaris" during Mass, b/c, really, isn't Mass like the ultimate act of adoration? however, a friend of mine who is a professor at a nearby seminary, told me he didn't think so. any thoughts?


I can't help reposting this joke:
What is a progressive's favorite Latin hymn?
Tantrum Ego!

2 comments:

Brian Michael Page said...

Best bets: CanticaNOVA Publications www.canticanova.com has a really good liturgical planning pages.

BMP

Mara Joy said...

yeah, but too bad most of their suggestions aren't even in my hymnal, and I don't even know them usually!